Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Good Day to...



start a blog - Hi and welcome.. *wave*









A teacher in the day and a crafter wannabe at night, I self-thought myself to sew and quilt using books and the Internet as my guide. I grew up watching my mom sew everything from curtains to clothes and softies but I don't remember her teaching me to sew or use the sewing machine, maybe because I never really showed any interest then..



My sewing moment started before the arrival of my nephew 2 years ago, I wanted to make a patched changing mat for him - I didn't own a sewing machine at that time so I hand sew the whole thing. My sister loved it and that made me realise no store bought gift could make me that content and happy.. and I started making other things - small projects like placemats and coasters all hand sewn before I decided it was time to make my daughter a quilt as a gift for her entering primary school - I had the quilt 85% completed before I got my Singer sewing machine.












Pin It

3 comments:

Suhaila Tahir said...

Welcome to the club..hehe

JariJari said...

just found yr blog...very very nice work..keep it up...i wish u r my younger sista hehehe...so handcrafty lady of u and generous too

MyBotanG said...

Su - Thx
aniza - Thx for dropping by, and thanks for your kind words :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails