I used tips suggested by FlyLady to help me come up with my time management plan. I've just started using Manic Time to track the ammount of time I spent in front of the computer, so I cant really say if it is helpful.
I find making a daily/weekly schedule really useful, especially if you are a list type of person..I love the feeling of getting to check the things I've managed to complete off my list.. Give me a sense of achievement.
This is how I do it. I first list down everything I have to do for that particular week.
1. Catalogue new fabric
2. Organise new orders - make a list of stuff to make with fabric
3. Cut fabric for new orders
4. Send bill to _________________ and _______________.
5. Plan and write out blog entry for this week :
- time management
- fabric focus
6. Take picture of finished products - apron, placemats, Sofea's calender quilt
- Attach zipper on bags
8. Plan - laptop sleeve
- Mother's day gifts
9. Pattern - Apron
10. Start quilting - truck quilt
This gives me a rough idea of what I have to do this whole week. By having a list, it keeps me focussed on stuff needed to be done so that I dont start another project before completing the tasks at hand. I have so far managed to check off numbers 1,2,4, half of 5,6 and half of 7.. and it's only Tuesday evening. At the end of each week, I look back to re-evaluate things that could be improved and things I have achieved that week.
This system works for me, but it would be great to find out what works for you.. Care to share??Pin It