Wednesday, September 15, 2010

D'Lavender bags

Remember this bag..?? I had a lot of trouble finding a suitable name for it on my own, so I enlisted the help of my blogger friends, who were kind enough to suggest beautiful and exotic names... however, it was not meant to be..  
I finally named it D'Lavender after its first buyer.


I have made 3 more D'Lavenders recently, 2 using Moda fabrics and 1 in Lecien.

I find the whole process of cutting to assembling D'lavender rather easy and smooth sailing. This is I suppose mainly due to the fact that this bag has less parts as compared to some other patterns I have worked with.

I use fusible interface on both the main and the lining fabrics, including the handle and the snap button closure. This is the first pattern to use this much of interface. I usually use interface on either the main or the lining fabric only. But since I use soft cotton inside out for the D'Lavender bag, I have to make sure it is properly interfaced to ensure sturdier shape.  

My only stress point has to be while attaching the magnetic snap closure. I worry I'll end up with crooked and uneven position of the snap button. Thus making me check and re-check before I punch the hole to place the snap button.    
Size: 33cm (w) x 23cm (h)
Handle length: about 50cm
1 inside pocket
magnetic snap for closure

What do you think..? Any favourites?
Pin It

4 comments:

Zura said...

Pretty bags! Oh my fav definitely the vintage roses print, Lecien kan? Cantinya..geram tengok tau... :D

d u r a said...

cantiknya. i suka yang first pic tu. cantik sangat fabrik tu.

selamat hari raya sue!

MyBotanG said...

Zura - you have good eyes for beautiful fabrics.. it is Lecien.. I can't stop looking at it myself.. :D

Dura - I agree, it's by Moda, when I saw that print, I just thought it looked classy.. hope you are having a wonderful time with your loved ones..

Azaidris said...

Sangat canteks!!My mum pun nampak dari jauh siap puji2 lagi :).
I personally like the third one.
Selamat hari raya to you & family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails