Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sew along update - Cutting stage


For week 15 - 21Feb (1 week), our task was to cut the fabrics and interfacing for the Reversible Bucket Bag sew along happening here at MyBotanG. 


From the main body pattern, I've cut fabrics for both the exterior and the lining of the bag, medium weight fusible interface and fleece. While from the base pattern, two from the same contrasting fabric, fusible interface and fleece. Also, in the list, bias strips in various sizes for the edge, handle straps and button loop.   
For this week 22 - 28 Feb, lets:
 1. make the binding
2. make the button loop
3. make the self cover button
4. interface the fabric pieces


Here's the time-line for the sew along again:
Gather fabrics and other supplies 1 - 14 Feb (2 week)
Cut out pieces 15 - 21 Feb (1 week)
Preparing the binding, button loop, self cover button and interfacing (steps 1-4 on the instruction page) 22 - 28 Feb (1 week)  
Bag exterior and lining (steps 5-8 on the instruction page) 1 - 7 March (1 week)
Binding - top edge, side top edge and handles (steps 9 - 14 on the instruction page) 8 - 14 March (1 week)

Pin It

6 comments:

Zara said...

Hi Sue!

I've got my fabric for the bag, but am too scared to start... my bag projects are all hopeless arrrgggh!

MyBotanG said...

I don't think you can go wrong with this pattern, do give it a try, you'll be surprise by the outcome.. :)

MAK TEH said...

dear Sue,

hi,My problem is I don't have a bias tape maker,so I am going to do it the old fashion way.another thing is I ran out of fusible fleece you called it [the thicker one kan ].there's only interfacing,so I am going to use that saja-ok tak?

MyBotanG said...

I do not have bias tape maker as well.. I'm making it the ol'skool way too :)

It would be fine, cuma kurang gebu sket la if x guna fleece/batting.. :)

Marie said...

finally, i managed to cut out pieces of my fabrics...thanks for the pattern sue. it makes my life much more easier :) *wink*
http://ladycino-crafts.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-sew-along-progress-1-reversible.html

MyBotanG said...

Lovely fabric choice Marie.. love the contrast combo of the exterior/lining and the binding fabric.. *giddy with excitement* can already imagine how the finish bag going to look..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails