Do you make pouches or bags with drawstrings..?
How do you finish the ends of the strings..?
I've seen many kawaii methods in the Japanese crafting books before, but only recently decided to give it a try.
How to make a pair of TULIP drawstring knot covers
1. Cut 2 squares, size: 3inch x 3inch
2. Fold in half and sew
3. Open seam and press
4. Fold the loop in half
1. Insert the loop, raw edges facing the drawstring knot
2. Stitch around the opening, pull the thread, tie a knot at the end and cut the thread
3. Pull the top loop over the drawstring knot
4. Shape the edge with your fingers (to form tulip-like shape) and stitch the middle closed
Hope you have a lovely weekend.. It is still very cold for late March here in Japan and we hope to stay indoors as much as possible. Oh and by the way, it is spring break here in Japan and Sofea is at home with lots of energy and nowhere to go..*mother-daughter hair pulling session*